Why Your Bill May Vary
Your gas bill will vary from month-to-month for a variety of reasons. Here are some common factors that cause your bill amount to change:
Factors you can't control:
- The cost of gas changes from month to month.
- Your gas usage was estimated. We take actual readings every other month, and make adjustments on your next bill.
- The number of days in your billing cycle changed slightly.
- Changes in weather caused your heat to come on more often.
Factors you can control:
- You added new gas appliances, like a hot tub or a gas fireplace.
- Your appliance usage increased – most common during holidays and school vacations, or when you entertain or have houseguests.
- Your lifestyle changed, such as working at home or the arrival of a new baby.
Ways you can help control your gas usage:
- Fix leaky hot water faucets.
- Replace furnace and air conditioner filters.
- Relocate thermostats away from drafty or chilly areas.
- Clean dryer lint traps.
- Replace older, less energy-efficient gas appliances.
- Repair windows that don't close properly. Replace single-pane windows.
- Close fireplace dampers when not in use.
Log in to My Account for:
- Meter reading information
- Gas use history