Charitable Giving Guidelines
The distinct areas of giving we focus our energy on are:
Basic Human Needs and Energy Assistance – A Healthy and Stable Community is a Thriving Community. We invest in United Way, energy assistance programs and nonprofit organizations with programs that provide individuals in our communities with the basic necessities as well as promote stability and wellness.
Community Enrichment – Strong Communities Depend on Good Citizens Working Together. We invest in nonprofit organizations with programs that contribute to the vitality, sustainability and livability of our neighborhoods.
Diversity – The Many Facets of Our Diversity Make Our Company Better and Our Communities Stronger. We invest in both organizational and supplier diversity programs that promote diversity and inclusion opportunities, education and access to resources for the under-served and under-represented individuals and businesses in our workforce and communities.
Education – The Path to Social Mobility and Enhanced Opportunities Includes Education and Career Readiness. Our primary focus is on institutions that offer areas of study important to our business and from which we are interested in recruiting members of our future workforce.
Environmental Stewardship – Natural Gas is a Cleaner Fuel Alternative. We are committed to protecting our environment. We invest in nonprofit organizations with programs that contribute to clean air, conservation and green space.
Currently, we are accepting grant requests for all categories throughout the year. Please note that Nicor Gas can consider grant requests only from those organizations classified as 501(c)(3), tax-exempt by the IRS. Nicor Gas does not contribute to individuals, religious organizations or private K-12 schools.
How to Submit a Grant Request
If your organization would like to submit a request for a contribution, please mail the information outlined below to:
1844 Ferry Road
Naperville, Illinois 60563
Or, you may email it to NicorGasContributions@aglresources.com.
Your request must include:
- A brief background of the organization (two pages or less) and its Board membership list.
- The organization's mission statement.
- A legible and most recent copy of the organization's 501(c)(3) tax-exempt letter.
- A clear statement of the project for which funds are needed.
- The amount the organization requests for the project.
- Sources of other support for the project and current financial statement of the organization.
Grants are most likely to be awarded to organizations that fall into one of the five focus areas noted above and whose programs benefit those within Nicor Gas’ service area.
Contributions are not made to:
• Organizations that are not tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
• Sporting teams
• Social or recreational groups
• Primary or secondary schools
• Religious-based organizations in support of their sacramental or theological functions
• Political parties, groups or candidates
• Endowment or debt reduction drives