Nicor Gas employees are inextricably woven into the communities we are privileged to serve. We maintain local offices across our service territory, you might see our crews working in your neighborhood or find us at community events. We welcome opportunities to visit schools to educate students about careers in natural gas and natural gas safety.
Delivering Holiday Cheer to Children
Nicor Gas employees gathered to play games, provide food and donate toys and books to kids in need this holiday season at Fleetwood-Jourdain Community Center in Evanston.
Our energy assistance team made their third trip to pack food at the Northern Illinois Food Bank in November 2017. They also had a booth at the DeKalb County Resource Fair Nov. 13, 2017.
Nicor Gas team members put their energy into building new homes in coordination with Fox Valley Habitat For Humanity.
21st Annual Volunteer Day
Nicor Gas celebrated its 21st annual Volunteer Day Saturday, May 20, 2017. More than 450 employees, their families and friends volunteered in their local communities. This event consisted of 19 service projects in northern Illinois communities. Volunteers partnered with community action agencies and nonprofit organizations to contribute 1,700 hours in just one day.
A few of Saturday's activities included:
• Construction of a new home with Fox Valley Habitat for Humanity in Aurora
• Outdoor cleanup at the Salvation Army Food Pantry in DeKalb
• Food sorting at the Northern Illinois Food Bank in Geneva
• Landscaping, gardening and painting at Marcfirst group homes in Normal
• Indoor painting at Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful in Rockford
• Outdoor cleanup at Sand Ridge Nature Center in South Holland
• Building a sustainable garden at Midwest Shelter for Homeless Vets in Wheaton
• Outdoor cleanup at Hearthstone Manor rehabilitative and nursing care facilities in Woodstock
Since 1996, the one-day effort has occurred on the third Saturday of May and is one of the largest single-day corporate volunteer initiatives benefiting communities served by Nicor Gas. Learn More.
Nicor Gas is a proud participant of CONSTRUCT, an 11-week program that offers training, information and guidance that’s needed to complete for entry-level jobs in construction-related fields.
CONSTRUCT is powered by an alliance of companies, social service agencies and labor unions that are committed to removing barriers for anyone interested in the construction industry. Learn more about Construct and our other educational partnerships here.