As mandated by federal and state regulations and as an important part of our safety and maintenance programs, Nicor Gas periodically conducts a physical survey of our natural gas mains, service lines and meter sets. Sometimes this includes the interior gas piping in your home or business up to the meter.
If you recently received a postcard and/or door-hanger at your premises, we were attempting to gain access to our meter set to perform a maintenance check. We checked a portion of our service line on your property but were unable to gain access to your house, building or fenced area to complete the survey.
A postcard and/or door-hanger at your premises does not indicate that there is an issue at your premises. However, we do need to gain access to the natural gas meter to complete our maintenance check. Failing to provide access may cause your service to be interrupted.
Tips to Help Complete the Maintenance Check
- Locked Gate/Fence/Meter Under House -- Please leave the gate/fence unlocked for the indicated Saturday visit.
- Dog -- Please have your dog moved away from the meter set and ensure the dog is unable to approach the technician.
- Excess Vegetation or Trash/Debris -- Please remove the hindrance prior to the Saturday attempt or scheduled appointment.
- Construction -- Please provide a clear path to the meter.
- Meter Inside -- Please be available at the premise either the Saturday attempt or scheduled appointment.