At Nicor Gas, we believe that part of our corporate responsibility is to give back to our communities, and our philanthropic focus is designed to make a meaningful impact in the communities we serve.
Here are just a few examples of our charitable giving contributions:
- $5,000 to the Red Cross in Bloomington to aid local families following the devastation of a home fire.
- Sponsor of the 22nd Annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Scholarship Breakfast, which honored the legacy of Dr. King and celebrated the diversity of community colleges.
- Sponsor of the 13th annual Cuisine for a Cause that benefits Naperville Cares.
- $7,000 grant to the Raue Center for the Arts to support their art education program.
- $5,000 donation to the Ecker Center for Mental Health
Nicor Gas is a strong supporter of STEM-focused (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) education and job training. Learn more about our educational partnerships here.
United for United Way
Nicor Gas is proud of our long association with United Way, which began in 1954, and continues today. By helping fund more than 1,000 health and human service agencies throughout northern Illinois,United Way enriches, strengthens and nurtures communities to make them more vibrant places to live and work.